- The thermal conductivity of Xtratherm Thin-r is among the lowest for commonly available insulation boards.
- Xtratherm Thin-r boards are manufactured to strict dimensional tolerances, enabling the boards to be fitted tightly together. That reduces air leakage through the construction and associated heat losses through convection
- Xtratherm Thin-r contains gas tight aluminium facings that form a low emissivity surface which, when facing a cavity reduces the heat loss through radiation, cutting the overall rate of heat loss.
- Xtratherm Thin-r excellent lambda value and therefore low thickness allows constructions to be thinner than they would be with other insulation material
- With the excellent thickness to performance ratio (R-value) of Xtratherm Thin-R less material is required to achieve the best performance levels asked for in the new building regulations.
Xtratherm Thin-r insulation board is suitable for use in:
Virtually all building elements can be insulated with PIR:
- concrete slab
- beam and block timber floors
- masonry or timber framed walls
- flat and pitched roofs
- Xtratherm Thin-r is manufactured under ISO9001 assured quality system.
- Xtratherm Thin-R is manufactured using Pentane as the blowing agent. Pentane is CFC/HCFC free with zero ozone depletion potential and a Global Warming Potential less than 0.01.