With all the advantages of composite decking (including low maintenance, anti-slip, long life and splinter free) these solid decking boards have a more wood-like weathered effect and are available in a choice of Rustic Walnut & Rustic Grey. The reverse of the boards have our standard mid-grooved grooved finish which can also be used. As with the standard commercial range the Rustic Decking range is easy to install with stainless steel colour coded screws. This also means that if you need to ever remove a board for access or replace a board the screws are easily located and the board can be easily removed and replaced.
- Patio areas, around pools, hot tubs and on balconies
- Outdoor private and commercial use
- Should not be used for construction purposes
- Made from recycled materials – a unique combination of wood fibres and plastic from reclaimed or recycled resources which are highly screened prior to manufacture
- 10 year warranty and 25 year expected lifespan
- Child-friendly – no splinters, hidden fixings, free of toxic additives
- Durable – no rotting or warping, better resistance against fungi, mould and insect attacks
- Easy to maintain – no need for sanding, painting or sealing
- Anti-slip surface
- Lightweight compared to wood
- Consistent shape, size and colour
- Easy to cut and install – no need for pre-treatment and cuts like wood
- Suitable for hot and cold environments – heat resistant
Fixing clips, trim, joists and decking lights also available. Ask us for details.
3.6m x 140mm x 23mm boards
Rustic Grey or Rustic Walnut
Solid Boards & Fixings
*Non stock item subject to additional haulage fee
Colours and finishes
- Colours: Rustic Grey or Rustic Walnut – please note these boards are not stocked and are subject an additional special order haulage fee
- Finish: Weathered wood appearance with mid-groove on alternative side.
- Dimensions: Available in 3.6m lengths, 140mm in wide and 20mm thick (coverage is just shy of one square metre per 2 boards).
- Colour matching screws available. Box of 250 (for 6.5 sqm including countersinking tool)
Note: the boards will fade by approximately 10%-15% after installation within the first 2-3 months. After this the colour pigments stabilise.
Storage and installation
- Storage: SAiGE Longlife decking is generally denser than natural wood. On site, it must be stored on a flat surface and must be supported by centres at 60cm intervals. Storing on uneven surface might cause the boards to twist. The decking should be covered for long term storage.
- Tools: No specialist tools are required but for the best results, we recommend using circular saw blades with few teeth (e.g. 8-24, on a 45 cm blade).
- Decking foundations: Please consult your structural engineer for design specifications for an appropriate sub-floor for your structure. Make sure the foundation is flat and stable in order to avoid deformation and dents in the surface and of the terrace. Always maintain the indicated mounting distance. Make sure that all joists are level and centred. The decking must span at least three joists.